waterlilyPond collects all the species in the Nymphaeales order, as well as famous cultivars with distinct features. Users are also welcome to share their cultivars with our readers.
1. The waterlily genome and the early evolution of angiosperms
2. Chen F. et al., Water lilies as emerging models for Darwin's abominable mystery, Hortic. Res. 2017, 4，17051
3. Yu C. et al., Molecular breeding of water lily: engineering cold stress tolerance into tropical water lily, Hort. Res. 2018, 5:73
4. Xu M. et al., Loss or duplication of key regulatory genes coincides with environmental adaptation of the stomatal complex in Nymphaea colorata and Kalanchoe laxiflora, Hortic. Res. 2018, 5:42
5. Dong S., et al., The complete mitochondrial genome of the early flowering plant Nymphaea colorata is highly repetitive with low recombination. BMC Genomics, 19:614
6. Chen F, Zhang X, Liu X, Zhang L, Evolutionary analysis of MIKCc-type MADS-box genes in gymnosperms and angiosperms. Front Plant Sci. 2017, 8: 895
7. Dong W, Vannozzi A, Chen F, Liangsheng Zhang. MORC Domain Definition and Evolutionary Analysis of the MORC Gene Family in Green Plants . Genome Biol Evol. 2018, 10:1730-1744
waterlilyPond, initiated by an international collaboration team involving NAU, FAFU, Renwen Landscape Co. Ltd., UT-Knoxville, aims to build an online platform for waterlily researchers, breeders, and lovers. waterlilyPond dedicates to provide a hub for news, conferences, publications, species and cultivars/hybrids, as well as molecular data, such as genome and transcriptome data. By integrating these heterogeneous data and tools together, we believe both scientists and breeders would benefit from them. Besides, we would like to provide more information about the people working on waterlily, and we invite you to share us your artwork or products related to waterlily.
(09.11.2018) Gene Search tools were implemented!
(08.19.2018) Pathway tools were implemented!
(08.15.2018) JBrowse tools were implemented!
(07.20.2018) BLAST tools were implemented!
(07.05.2018) Improve species information!
(06.20.2018) The Waterlily genome database started!
(Jan 27. 2018) A.P. et al. Thai Water Lily Extract Induces B16 Melanoma Cell Apoptosis and Inhibits Cellular Invasion Through the Role of Cellular Oxidants. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2018 Jan 27; 19(1): 149-153.
(Oct 04, 2017) F. C. et al. Water lilies as emerging models for Darwin’s abominable mystery, Horticulture Research (2017) 4, 17051
(Jul. 21. 2017) LM Z. Perianth organs in Nymphaeaceae: comparative study on epidermal and structural characters. J Plant Res. 2017; 130(6): 1047-1060.
Please don't forget to cite waterlilyPond in your papers (not just in supplemental). Citations (and tweets, mentions in talks etc) really help us get funding to continue developing the database !